Friday, September 17, 2010

Knowing and Doing

 I used to never believe when people told me it was better to give than receive, I would usually agree on the surface, nodding my head in yes, but knowing deep down I didn't agree.

I used to think that life was about taking everything that wasn't bolted down to the floor, taking way more than my share and not giving a damn about those in my wake.

I used to think I was invincible and that people who I thought I really knew and cared for would never hurt me. 

Now I know better, so I do better*.

Volunteering at the Pres ER has been the most confirming experience of my life. It has reaffirmed my need to go to medical school, become a doctor, give back to my community and evolve as a person. I have to do this, I have no other choice.
It may take me 3 years to get all the pre-reqs done, but I will get there.



*Oprah of course!